***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Who is intrested for a track day??

Local Victorian State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

chem0
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby chem0 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:02 pm

calder park has got to be the worstly maintained track iv driven on, but it could work :D

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 pm

You could wait till they bring the track up to FIA standards, I think they got the approval for it a couple months back. Think they getting train station too or something over the next 10years. You can also hire the back straight too. Bring enough witches hats and you can provide your own entertainment :wink:

For it to work all you need are numbers... A manageable number would be 20-25. Not too many people but keeps the costs reasonable; 5 cars on at a time to give everyone equal and decent amount of time on the track and cost per head could start at 160, max being 300.

All you need are numbers and a definite yes

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:46 am

I like the input boys, if you can gather some information regarding diffrent tracks and we can discuss this at the meet and decide which track will be the best suited to us.

then we can start aranging dates and numbers.
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

AustyDusty
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby AustyDusty » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:02 am

count me in mate, it will be nice to have a get together in a track!

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 pm

We will be limited in the amount of tracks available to us. So far only Sandown, Winton and Calder Park are accessible. Each track in different areas. You got Winton out near Benalla, Sandown in the South East suburbs and Calder Park out in the Western suburbs.

Phillip Island is out, not only expensive but have heard they get very touchy if there are people out on the track without CAMS licenses. But on plus side for Phillip Island they have the BMW Driver Training courses.

The other tracks are either for bikes or are too far/too small.

chem0
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby chem0 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:48 pm

In my opinion, I think winton is perfect for us.
The track itself is more technical; more corners and brake work, and most importantly has a good amount of run-off area in the event of 'mistakes'. The pace is quite managable at winton as well.

Sandown is too fast and too many walls :)

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:59 pm

I think the club circuit at Calder Park would be better taking into consideration majority of the people here have never taken their cars outside of the suburbs. If you get them up at Winton for their first time, it might be too much for them at first. The club circuit at Calder Park is the smaller version of the national circuit, main straight not as long but still keeps most of its turns.

Driving to and from work and up to the shops is completely different to driving on a track.

All tracks though the drivers will most likely be restricted. Some may not let you over a certain limit, some may not let you overtake and others will kick you out if your caught racing the other drivers.

chem0
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby chem0 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:03 pm

^ club circuit is the one that rejoins the straight half way down the main straight right? Thats not a bad idea, reason being that last right hander coming onto the drag strip on the long version gets pretty epic; as in epic sideways (as I learnt in my previous car).

rallyhaggis
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby rallyhaggis » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:33 pm

As a holder of a CAMS License, I would love to put the ralliart on the track for a day. I know the track at Winton runs under AASA, rather than CAMS for their 'fun' days. However I also know AASA's insurance policies havent been tested legally whereas I know CAMS' have.

Winton is an awesome track, especially 100 mp/h through the 'esses' in a mini! but that is another story! Calder is as boring as bat excrement. yes the straight is awesome to test a top speed, but other than that, there isnt too much of intrest.

In the past I have competed in sprint events at DECA in Shepparton as well. not a bad track, however facilities are a little limited. The skidpan is a kickarse motorkhana venue though!

Another option is to possibly get a CAMS club to organise an event at a track, and then, CJ club members can participate on a limited club membership and single event CAMS Licence.

As an owner with a warranty still, I am not sure where I stand either. I would love MMA to organise a track day for owners of Ralliart and EVO owners though!!!

Just some thoughts.

Rallyhaggis

customundo
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby customundo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:36 pm

tjoz wrote:others will kick you out if your caught racing the other drivers.

Oh ok no racing on a track ...wait what?

chem0
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby chem0 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 am

customundo wrote:
tjoz wrote:others will kick you out if your caught racing the other drivers.

Oh ok no racing on a track ...wait what?

I dont think you understand the concept of a track day.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:34 am

Still think for peoples first time on the track the club circuit at Calder Park is better off. Less chance of it overwhelming them and its a good learning experience.

What about the track out at Broadford? Anyone know anything on that one? I know it has a motorcross track and a gt track for your racing bikes but would they let cars out on their gt track?

Mitsubishi let anyone buy RA's and Evo's (providing they have the money). Only a small percentage of those owners would know how to drive their cars properly. Mitsubishi should have some sort of test for potential RA/Evo buyers; if they fail the test they cant have it- send them to the Toyota dealership. Until that day comes, your just buying into status which should have been earned from experience and not just because you have enough for the sticker price of the car.

customundo
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby customundo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:56 am

well why would Mitsubishi want to restrict their sales by doing that?

however i do love the countless times when an Evo starts blowing off at the traffic lights inviting me to drag race him on a straight. then you look at the driver and its a pimpled face 18 year old. :P damn these spoilt kids but good on them for being so lucky

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Restrict sales on them to bring back the proper image the Evo use to have. With the existence of the Ralliart; little difference to the non turbo Lancers and now everyone can buy one it cheapens the Evo's image. Return the Evo back to bespoke status.

Should be for any performance car; test before purchase. Fail the test and you cant buy it. Children should not be driving performance cars. Lucky no deathwish yes.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 am

Bump for more interest , i'll be away from teh 28th of Oct to 25th of November
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Return to “Victoria”