***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Victorian Floods and Road Closures

Local Victorian State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ricko
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Victorian Floods and Road Closures

Postby Ricko » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi There,

Does anyone know if there will be any problems in getting from Adelaide to Melbourne in the next few days. We will be travelling on Tuesday morning. We would like to go through Horsham but not sure if this will be possible.

If anyone is cought up in these floods our thoughts are with you. Just sit tight i will be there soon.

Cheers,
Rick

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:19 am

Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:32 am

I used to live in Echuca - from waht I can see the flood there wasn't too bad - only the places that always go under went under this time.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Ricko
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Ricko » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the info.

Cheers,
Rick

rallyhaggis
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby rallyhaggis » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:47 pm

From what I have seen and heard today... going through Horsham would be ill advised. Even if peak levels are lower than predicted, it will still be difficult and quite frankly likely to annoy emergency service workers.
I have spent the last 2 days in Rochester, Bridgewater & Charlton ferrying people and goods into these areas in the other mitsubishi. (Pajero)
The devastation has to be seen to be believed. It is difficult to describe. The really tough thing is that many residents in Charlton have only just got their lives back in order after floods in September and November. One Gent I spoke with today, will be needing his 3rd set of new carpets in 4 months! Another lady co-ordinating the red cross efforts has lost her own house, but proceeds to organise and arrange things for the rest of the town. Quite a moving tale. The thing which has really hurt a lot of the locals is that the Insurance companies are doing their best to shirk themselves of any responsibilty at all!
Quite a difficult few days really. Really shocking and hard to fathom the actual damage that has been done.
time for a rest...
Rallyhaggis

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 pm

My Work gets alot of Stuff come in from Melb daily, i was talking to a Truckie this morning who said he came via "the mount" (Mt Gambier), Horsham not recommended at the moment
Mr H.......So Cool

Return to “Victoria”