***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CARMATE??? HAS ANYONE PURCHASED ANYTHING FROM CARMATE??

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

dejayhan
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

CARMATE??? HAS ANYONE PURCHASED ANYTHING FROM CARMATE??

Postby dejayhan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Heyy Guyss
Just wondering if anyone has purchased any stuff from carmate in Villawood??

Thank You!!
:D
Lancers are gay...

just SC
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby just SC » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:23 am

I have recently.

Purchased a rear lip from them, had it installed and painted as well.
And had some cash spare also got some driving lights.

Overall Im happy with what they have done.

You may notice if you call them or approach them they seem impolite in terms of customer service. But really nice blokes if you treat them with respect and dont annoy them too much.

I think from what I heard from their convos they get majority of their bodykits from HongKong and are fibreglass unless stated otherwise e.g. carbon fibre bonnets.

But in terms of pricing the bodykits in themselves are fairly cheap, installation and painting might be pricey and you may find cheap if you take else where. But if your like me and could not be bothered with or trust yourself with installation and painting they are fine.

Bodykit installations are usually afixed on by proper bolting and sikaflex just in case you ask.

Oh and regardless what they say going into store is cheaper and prices will usually decrease from what you see from the site. And dont try to haggle them it wont work. I have tried, Im pretty good at it but they wont budge.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Would you rate the installation jobs?

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

just SC
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby just SC » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 am

7 to 8 out of 10.
Being that they are fairly good.

They spent like 1-2 hours making sure my rear lip was on right.
The paint is spot on from what I can see.
As they take a part of your car e.g. fuel cap etc for colour sampling as well as noting the colour codes.

Reason why I deduct some points of is because the body kit is not 100% fitted. There is the slightest of gaps in some places. But I sort of expected that as its not OEM and its fibreglass. But im not too fussed. From a couple of metres away you can't tell. If your are a perfectionist though you may rate lower.

But if it helps there was this customer who came in who had came 2-3 times before for different front bumpers, but had kept getting new ones because he kept crashing his car. But he still went back to them for the replacement. This dude drove a Supra though. I sort of eavesdropped and ask the staff later.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:44 pm

In my experience though those tiny gaps now will get bigger over time as plastics heat up and expand over time, and water/dust/crap gets in between where the glue once was :( Looks good for the first couple of years though.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

seeeder
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby seeeder » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi guys I know its 2011 post and not much reviews about carmate around. On google its mixed and in here is sorta ok.

So Ayhan did you end up using their service? If so please provide some feedback :)

And steven how is the rear lip going?

Any updates before I go there sometime in the next few wks would be very heplful

I am planning to get a quote for the evo front bar and vrx spoiler from these guys and the only reason is cause so that they can do it all: source paint and install it. As I am not so good with cars :(

I would prefer to use one of the clubs recommended place but most seem to only supply the parts and no paint/install :?

Any other place similar to carmate in sydney where they supply paint and install and you guys would recommend?

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:00 pm

So maybe I need to lower the price of my evo x front bar. That's a perfect fit and plastic (so street legal....) Since everyone is looking at retailers and fibreglass
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:05 pm

If you get Matt's front bar, see Blackshaws in Seven hills... They are reasonably priced, they can fit and paint.

Speak to Brent.

seeeder
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby seeeder » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi guys thanks for the replies now i have 3 places to choose from!:lol: I will visit all 3 in the next few wks and make up my mind :)

And Matt as you are from interstate I would prefer to go with the local shops here instead but thanks for the offer :)

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:35 pm

no worries mate, i will say tho, my bar has already been tested fitted on my CJ Lancer, no mods needed.

fiberglass is illegal on street vehicles due to its "shattering" property that can cause more damage to a person should one be hit.
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu May 09, 2013 8:31 pm

So from what I've read, seems like the service is on the low point, but their work is good. They have something I need. I'll write my review once I get what I need from them.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Return to “New South Wales”