***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

So my Lancer was stolen...

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

China
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby China » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:50 am

Sam, you should be a detective.
Hope they find your car. The silver lining in all this - you might get yourself a MY12. Still an unfortunate situation though to go through all these hassles.

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 am

Rebirth a repairable write off. There have been a couple on ebay
CJ RA. Stock!

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:46 am

Micheal aka China wrote:Sam, you should be a detective.

:roll: ... You Don't Know Me" ... :roll:

Ask other members about Me .... You'll soon find out Who I Am .... 8)

ImageSamImage ..... *thumb*
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:28 pm

so did you get payed out??

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 pm

It's been way past 14 days now, and the car hasn't shown up.

But the claim is in the process of working. The insurance company sent me a list of things to send to them e.g keys, documents, proof of purchase and a police report.

But I am still waiting for the police report to be delivered to me before I can send the documents to the insurance company to fully process the claim.

Most likely I will be getting paid out for the loss of the car.

btw, I ordered some front air dams from X-Factor and they were delivered just before the car went missing, so I'm going to have to sell them :(

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Keep the air dams and put them on new lancer :)
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

king eternal
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby king eternal » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Seal Cub wrote: btw, I ordered some front air dams from X-Factor and they were delivered just before the car went missing, so Im going to have to sell them :(

So if insurance pays out your not planning to get another lancer? is so got any ideas?

I hope this ordeal doesn't go on to much longer for you.

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Haha, I know it would be a waste to not get another lancer now that I have the air dams! XD

I would want to get a new lancer, although I think it would be best for now to start fresh with a different car and come back to a lancer later on.

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Well as soon as you hand in all the crap the insurance company needs. Then it will be 14days.That is what happened to my friend. By the way which insurance company are you with? and are you 3rd party or full comp??

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 pm

I'm pretty sure it's 14 days from the day it was missing. Although what you said sounds worrying.

I'm with GIO

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Seal Cub wrote:Im pretty sure its 14 days from the day it was missing. Although what you said sounds worrying. Im with GIO

You should be rite man, my mate who had hes stolen only purchased the car with the 1 set of keys..The previous owner said he lost the spare. But it was about 3 years after he purchased the car the car was stolen, plus it was a luxury car.

But yeah as soon as he handed all the crap in it took 14days to payout. All they do is ask you a few of the same questions in a different context to see if your story changes..Trust me you will get payed out..On average 12 cars a day get stolen in sydney. And many of them very hi tec to steal cars such as lambos.. Just let us know when you get payed out

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm

scott_drake wrote: You should be rite man, my mate who had hes stolen only purchased the car with the 1 set of keys..The previous owner said he lost the spare. But it was about 3 years after he purchased the car the car was stolen, plus it was a luxury car. But yeah as soon as he handed all the crap in it took 14days to payout. All they do is ask you a few of the same questions in a different context to see if your story changes..Trust me you will get payed out..On average 12 cars a day get stolen in sydney. And many of them very hi tec to steal cars such as lambos.. Just let us know when you get payed out

I guess I was one of the unlucky ones! I'm going to send all the documents to the insurance company tomorrow. The police report is taking ages to get to me so the insurance people said it's fine to just send them everything first and then the police report once I get it.

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Is it Possible to quote them the Police Report No. and they can chase it up, yeah i Know that would asking a bit much
Mr H.......So Cool

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:54 pm

BlackBetty wrote:Is it Possible to quote them the Police Report No. and they can chase it up, yeah i Know that would asking a bit much

Yep, I was instructed to write a note explaining that I will send it as soon as I get it. I am giving them the report number for reference too.

Return to “New South Wales”