***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Recommended Tuning workshop - Sydney

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Robg
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Recommended Tuning workshop - Sydney

Postby Robg » Wed May 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi all,

Looking to have some work done to my car and was keen to know if any members could point me in the right direction or recommend a performance workshop Sydney.

At this point still looking at options and possible upgrades to a Aspire (2.4L). Looking at CAI and if worth installing. I see some members have just upgraded filter with RA intake (is this worth doing?)

Thanks

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 pm

go the CAI you will get better gains and intake sucking sound :D .. the RA intake people are putting on is just the RA snorkle that connects to the stock lancer intake isnt it? It will direct cooler air to the intake although theres yet to be noticeable gains if any with this mod..

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Rob with our cars no one has put them on a dyno to test whether the mod has worked.

The 2.0L has been researched by RPW but it was found that replacing the air intake made no performance gains and in some cases actually lost power. It is believed that with the 2.4L it would be beneficial as the intake seem small for the larger engine.

It makes sense to make the air flow easier and suck only cool air and not air from the engine bay.

RPW are trying to find a 2.4L to research it properly.

I am going to dyno my car once I have RPW headers and exhaust.

Personally I like the look of the RA intake compared to others as it still looks stock and easy to fit and reverse.

I hope that helps. If you do any mods let us know how you go.

Robg
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Robg » Wed May 12, 2010 7:43 pm

aspir3 wrote:Rob with our cars no one has put them on a dyno to test whether the mod has worked.

The 2.0L has been researched by RPW but it was found that replacing the air intake made no performance gains and in some cases actually lost power. It is believed that with the 2.4L it would be beneficial as the intake seem small for the larger engine.

It makes sense to make the air flow easier and suck only cool air and not air from the engine bay.

RPW are trying to find a 2.4L to research it properly.

I am going to dyno my car once I have RPW headers and exhaust.

Personally I like the look of the RA intake compared to others as it still looks stock and easy to fit and reverse.

I hope that helps. If you do any mods let us know how you go.

Thanks for your reply and advice. If i find anything concrete in my travels i'll let you know and share.

Robg
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Robg » Wed May 12, 2010 7:46 pm

bye2u wrote:go the CAI you will get better gains and intake sucking sound :D .. the RA intake people are putting on is just the RA snorkle that connects to the stock lancer intake isnt it? It will direct cooler air to the intake although theres yet to be noticeable gains if any with this mod..

Thanks will do some more research. :?

Return to “New South Wales”