***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Lowering Springs Group Buy

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

SkitZaY
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SkitZaY » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:39 pm

Quite alot of posts so I CBF going through all of them, but did anyone consdier the Works lowering springs? They don't go down too far, 1.1" on both front and back, however I've heard good thing about quality.

And further to that, yeah I think I might be in on this.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:13 pm

It's unfortunate. So I've had to do the work and show you.

In my opening post, I shared:

This group buy was inspired by this post on Project Lancer: "Ultimate Lowering Thread"

Any proposals? I'll start out and say I like the Eibach Pro-Kit or WORKS Ride Lowering Springs ones. I'm told the former improve turning handling and are very comfortable whilst the latter are give better balance to the car's overall contour but lack comfort.

I have checked out the Works one but if you read Project Lancer's Thread, you'll find that it lacks comfort as they're quite stiff and further, there's NO local distributor of Works. We'd have to import from the US. It may be cheaper but we'll then lack after sales support. So unfortunately, I've gone for the Eibachs.

I can't find a Tein Australia so I can't get that going either. Eibach actually have Eibach Australia.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SkitZaY
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SkitZaY » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:12 pm

No worries than, and sorry about my laziness. ;) If my insurance company is cool with me doing mods including lowering, I'll be in on this.

I'll get back to you guys soon.

krz
Alumni
Alumni

Postby krz » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:53 pm

awesome~ a possible 5th buyer~

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:36 am

I'm interested, don't include me in the final count as yet, but when u thinking of closing this ofey?

P.S. - is ur siggy how ur ride's looking now mate? that looks sick!!!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:07 am

JazzyB wrote:I'm interested, don't include me in the final count as yet, but when u thinking of closing this ofey?

P.S. - is ur siggy how ur ride's looking now mate? that looks sick!!!

I can only close this when I get enough numbers. At 4 people only, it's embarrassing to approach Eibach Australia. I really like about 8 or 10.

Nope. That's the eventual look. Ozie just got abit excited.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

leevin
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby leevin » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:14 pm

i might be in on this one.. just gotta see how some financial things turn out next week lol =] ill get back asap.
07 CJ VRX BLACK LANCER

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:12 pm

yeah, I know it's been open for a bit (this thread) but if it stays open for a while longer I might jump on - still broke... bit longer and I can start adding mods again...

Btw - the eventual look is sweet man, the lip and the evo bumper really make the chrome grills pop! very unique too :-)

sicsid
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sicsid » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Illl be in for the eibach pro kit, i posted before registering interest

Edit: sorry on second thought, have some stuff coming up i need to save for, sorry, pulling out.

leevin
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby leevin » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:37 pm

yeah im down for this. just dont know which one id rather have, sportline or prokit haha.
07 CJ VRX BLACK LANCER

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Ok... probably won't be in on this - got lots of other stuff I should buy first... car's been sucking my wallet dry :-P

krz
Alumni
Alumni

Postby krz » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:49 pm

im still up for this~
worse case, if i cant wait mite have to pull out n source 1 for myself... dang.

krz
Alumni
Alumni

Postby krz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:38 pm

ok, couldnt wait.. sourced 1 for myself..
im out~

thanks anyway.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Now this is starting to be a problem. Everyone seems to want to do things at their own time.

Now here's how it works, if we all buy one item, we'll have no funds to get another item. So if I had gone for these lowering springs or advocated it, I won't have funds for the brake pads we're in the process of obtaining.

Anyone with a solution?

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:38 pm

I've talked to you previously about a deposit system. I think the idea has merit if we can work the group buy system and have prices before posting what is on offer - obviously this wont work for all suppliers, but for some it will.

If suppliers are willing to give pricing brackets beforehand (2-5, 5-10, 10+) people can see what sort of pricing they will be up for. Those who are willing to pay at the highest value can place a deposit for the item.

After X weeks of the thread running you then place the order instead of having things drag out (for example this thread was posted originally well over a month ago).

Those who weren't willing to place a deposit and secure better pricing then pay an extra $5-10 on top of the item cost (depending on value maybe a % of the cost system?) which then goes towards the CCJ funds (those who pull out and have paid a deposit then forfeit that deposit).

This way we have a set time frame for each group buy, and people who are willing to put their money where their mouth is are rewarded for getting in early instead of sitting on the fence waiting for the price to drop before committing.

Return to “Group Buys Service”