***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* 7" DVD/SAT Nav GB (ROF1703N-1) - DEC'12

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:04 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:I noticed the cards dont lock in when you push them in, they spring back again but thought the little flap would take care of holding them in the right spot for access: wrong! Dont know if they are meant to lock in kind of like your camera one where you push it in and it springs back into the locked position and to get it out again you push it back in and then it releases and springs out further for you to remove but if they are, mine isnt doing this, no matter how far I push the cards in.

Yes it supposed to work like your phone's or camera's SD card slot. It will slide in freely with a little protruding out - you then have to push it a bit more firmly to activate the spring loaded locking mechanism and it will latch in and stay there.
To remove the card with your nail push it in firmly and the spring loaded mechanism will unlatch and pop it out a bit, then you need to use you fingers to remove it.
I suspect you might have de-latched the latch when you're pushing it in. Without removing it, try and push it in again - hopefully it will latch.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

robert43
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby robert43 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Speedos always reed over in standard factory settings my speed is 106 when I am doing 100 via gps.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Your speedo would be more correct - assuming you have not drastically changed the rolling diameter of your tyres!

I suspect you may have placed the GPS receiver antenna in a less than optimal place.
Again I don't have a unit myself, but were were playing with the menus last night and I think it was the console menu with the 4 big icons, it can get you into the GPS diagnostics screen. Gives you 4 options, 1 is where you can bring a signal strength screen of HOW MANY GPS satellites you are picking up and the signal strength. In perfect clear sky with no man made structures obscuring the view of the sky you should see around 9-10 GPS satellites with decent SNR and if they are passing over you at the right moment - that will give you accuracy down to about 1 metre.

If your GPS antenna is not in the best position as you're passing objects and buildings obscuring the view of the sky, it might be enough to fluctuate the number of satellites it sees and hence your accuracy range is fluctuation from large error margin of anything from 10 meters down to 1 metre.
I'd be checking your GPS antenna positioning, have you mounted it the right way up and not upside down. Also under the dash plastic is fine, make sure it's got no metal obscuring it. :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

chukatsung
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby chukatsung » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Reinstalled mine with brackets off this time
Corners are sitting sweet, top is still wavey
Need to check again and see if all clips are in

As for the GPS speed display, it matches the one I have my iPhone and tomtom unit. I know the lancers speedo is isolating a higher speed than it is actually doing.

Just sticker to the speed on the speedo and you should be fine.
It display about 3kph higher I think
I make vinyl stickers!
PM me for details
Or Click here to visit my Facebook page

Carlts
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Carlts » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Man these group buys are a sweet idea! Missed this one, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for ones in the future :)

Return to “Group Buys Service”