***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* 7" DVD/SAT Nav GB (ROF1703N-1) - DEC'12

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Erin and possibly everyone else. We were dicking around with Chopa/Reed's unit because his GPS software would not be recognised.

I had a look at the MicroSD on my phone and indeed there was an Australia folder.

Seems the GPS unit was looking for software called NaviOne and not the iGo software that comes with the MicroSD card.

Somehow we went into Navigation then possibly "set up" which brought us to a dialog box to find our way through the folders on the MicroSD.
Navigated down Australia/igo/ then some other directory and i think we selected the igo.exe file - the unit restarted and navigation worked a treat. Anyway sorry that the memory is a bit fuzzy, we were not really paying too much attention just fumbling and chatting away. :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

smokie
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby smokie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:07 am

Twas amusing watching Micheal and Pete giggling away looking through all the menus. Me being a plumber, would have never found it. A huge thanks to Brendon (aussiecj) for helping me install it. And of course Micheal and Pete for getting the GPS working.
25*C, window down with the iPod playing

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:17 am

I'm getting the same GPS problem. Encouraging to see people are getting it working but it feels like I've tried everything :?
I've found that file directory thing but theres nothing except the navione path its trying to access... Only time theres anything else is when I have a USB drive connected.

On that note, I've found the only way I can play music off a USB stick is in the 'console' music player (which sucks), and it only plays through the front speakers :? normal radio and CDs don't have that problem... The 'USB' option in the main menu seems to just search for video files, which I haven't tried yet. Kinda seems like the only way to correctly play music or copy music onto it is with CDs :?

Mine also doesn't fit great. The top edge is a little wavy and the left edge sticks out a bit... I can push it in but it doesn't stay there. I tried re-doing it about a dozen times with no improvement (sometimes the same, sometimes worse where I'd obviously done it wrong). I also managed to lose most of the clips so that probably doesn't help... They're somewhere in the bowels of my dash :P

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:49 am

Is the any answers whether or not the the steering wheel Bluetooth buttons are compadable with this head unit?
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 am

Cammo00 wrote:Is the any answers whether or not the the steering wheel Bluetooth buttons are compadable with this head unit?

I think they are - there is a menu option to program the Vol +/Vol- Ch+ Ch- mute, answer, hangup on the steering wheels. We did this with Reed's unit last night.

However we were caught up in our little world we forgot to test the buttons afterwards. LOL. I'm sure Reed can tell us. So wait until he confirms. I've FB'ed him...
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 am

Ok cool. Thanks Pete
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

japez
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby japez » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 am

Hey Guys, I'm looking into changing the existing firmware of the unit. Since it's based on Windows CE, it shouldn't be that hard to do.

There are a couple of pretty promising looking ones, this one especially - http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topi ... hichpage=1

Only think i'm worried about is bricking the device and being left with a dead unit.

Return to “Group Buys Service”