***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Dicksmith Gaming Sellout

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Dicksmith Gaming Sellout

Postby bettsay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Thought it was thread worthy. Dicksmith having a massive sale regarding Gameing Equiptment massive savings are apparently to be had. (hopefully not an april fools)

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/66808?page=1

can also be confirmed

https://twitter.com/#!/DickSmith/status ... 9091795968

http://www.facebook.com/dicksmithaustra ... tif_t=like

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Yes, it has also copped a lot of flak that it seems the staff have first dibs on the good stuff...

so no $100 Xbox 250gb Slim consoles for you. :P
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bettsay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:28 pm

haha, your probably right there. although there is a lot more than just consoles. would be a little unfair, seeing as the stock hasn't 'meant' to be on sale yet. but thats life.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:31 pm

As I said in another thread... this is the scene that greeted me this afternoon at a few of the DSE stores...

depressing, much? :cry:

ImageImage

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bettsay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 pm

ughh extremely depressing. guess ill just have to wait until EFY sales come out again to get some cheaper gaming gear. :(

there was another thread? oops.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Checked out a DSE store in my area today, had a clearance table ready along with a game table with several games. Looks like these games / items will be reduced tomorrow morning as they had a sign above promoting DSE's Massive Game Sale .

They had 2 MW3 Xbox 360 Limited Edition Consoles there which will be reduced to $299, nearly $500 today on the clearance console!

Hoping to pcik up a wireless Xbox 360 headset or two, several Microsoft Point Cards and one or two 12 month Xbox Live Gold Subscriptions, as well as a few games like NFS The Run, AFL Live, etc.

I can't believe the price of the Xbox 360 250gb console - $100, and the DSI consoles for $20. Although there will not be many 250gb Xbox 360 Slim consoles around now as they are all bundled with games or Kinect! Not a fan of handheld game consoles now but I might pick up a DSi if they are available at that price!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:46 pm

bettsay wrote: there was another thread? oops.

Not really someone trying to talk down the price on a for sale thread for a g27.... there is not hope in hell someone's gonna get a G27 tmrw for $139... :P

ImageImage

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:48 pm

bettsay wrote:ughh extremely depressing. guess ill just have to wait until EFY sales come out again to get some cheaper gaming gear. :( there was another thread? oops.

You can always check your local store to see what they have instock online, usually it is fairly accurate! Or you can buy them online from 8am (i think) tomorrow morning, that is is the server can cope(i highly doubt it will be able to cope)

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bettsay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 pm

@ Pete

Ah okay yeah i saw that. its just a shame that all the stock is already gone and theres somewhat heaps of hype over nothing. Good thing I finish work at 9am in the morning and DSE is just down the road. Ill be there with the rest of the unemployed community (no offence).

@ Andrew

yeh it would be good if i wasn't working at 8am haha. Yeh it's most likely that the servers will the overwhelmed at 8am if not earlier.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:02 pm

bettsay wrote: @ Andrew yeh it would be good if i wasnt working at 8am haha. Yeh its most likely that the servers will the overwhelmed at 8am if not earlier.

I am just going to chance it and check out my local store just before 12pm when I start work tomorrow, and given my dad a list to check a store just off the SA / VIC border as he will be up that way tomorrow and a lot of stuff I want is in stock at that particular store, just hope they don't sell out of everything would at least like to get a few bargins!

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bettsay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:08 pm

@ Andrew

Yeh thats the same with me, theres no harm in going and have a look. There will be bargains thats a guarantee its just what that bargain is haha. Could be some xbox game that just doesn't sell like my little ponies or something.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Will be very interesting to see what is actually in stock tomorrow though, have too many games now, but can't resist games / accessories at these prices. I wonder if you can still get the 20% cashback for accessories still like headsets, as Microsoft will then be paying me to buy their products (that is if there is any left), will be interesting!

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bettsay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:11 pm

yeh, it will be very interesting. I would be keen to get a new xbox seeing as i sold mine at the start of the year. But the chances of snapping up a new console is 'slim' (play on words :) ). Im going to say there will be a lot of new gaming gear being put up on Ebay like Point Cards etc.

Platinum Ace
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Platinum Ace » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:05 pm

I Hope theres still a few good choice games still available....

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bettsay » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 am

Just came back from DSE and looks like only games were on sale for today, and by about 9:10am all the bins had been emptied. doubt the list was 'leaked' probably a clever ploy not to pay advertising etc.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”