***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

got jipped

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: got jipped

Postby The X » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 pm

driftnut(( wrote:so you all know i have a MY10 RX sedan well so did I, i was just re-reading my contract and to my SUPRISE it say i have a 2009 MY09 ES lancer WTF so i went out to the car and checked the plate under the bonnet and is 08!!!!! not F!@#ing happy at all what should i do??

should i take the car back to them and tell them i want what i paid for!

My understanding is that the RX (colloqiually referred to by dealers as the "wing and wheels" package) - was for MY10 ESes limited run. Perhaps some of them were late 2009 runs just as they were switching over to the 2010s rolling off the line.

The ES were the first to sell out and first MY10 to hit dealers (out of the lancer range).

If you got a real MY10 - check your VIN. simple as that. My VIN has a build year of 2010 - even thought compliance date is Aug 2009.

What is the 10th charcheter of your VIN? A "9" or an "A" - if it's an A, you got a MY10, if it's a 9 you got a 2009.
For referencce see my post about deciphering the VIN http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=259

Like I said my understanding was the RX was for only the MY10 range. Even the press release your seem to suggest as much... http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au//pa ... px?id=6663

I doubt the dealer went to the trouble to bodge some alloys and a low rise spoiler to pass off as the real RX. MMAL head office dont think would be too happy about dealers doing that.

That being said. Before taking ownership of the vehicle, you should've checked all these things and the paintwork and all the options as ordered were on the vehicle and flagged any discrepancies/ommissions/issues (like I had). I guess too much time has passed to get a replacement vehicle now. I guess call MMAL customer service and expain the situation, find out if indeed the RX was strictly MY10 or if some MY09 made it out to the market. Take it from there, calmly. Lets us know how you go.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 pm

I can answer this simply Ben....

Yours is 100% MY10.

You have the new dials. They are a different font, and I think the tacho and speedo are switched around as well.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:15 pm

LZY_EYE wrote:I can answer this simply Ben....

Yours is 100% MY10.

You have the new dials. They are a different font, and I think the tacho and speedo are switched around as well.

to be honest, I don't think he got jipped, I think he misread the 08/09 literally instead of Aug/09, which is when the MY10 ES started rolling off the Mizushima production line...

ImageImage

Tin_Pusher
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Tin_Pusher » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:09 am

Although mine's a VRX not ES:

B pillar plate says built JUL 09, and the 10th character of the VIN is "A" so its a MY10.

The gear shift knob is leather .... I understand it was plastic on the MY09 VRX?

Re the tacho & speed dials. Mine has speed on the left and tacho on the right. The 08/09 Lancer brochure has them this way, but the latest brochure has tacho on the left and speed on the right, so there is either some variation out there with the initial MY10 builds, or the brochure is wrong.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 am

Nah, it confirms my memory that the my10 has the dials switched :)

Also, the vrx has always had a leather gear knob. ES / RX has always had plastic from what I understand...

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:41 am

LZY_EYE wrote:Nah, it confirms my memory that the my10 has the dials switched :)

Also, the vrx has always had a leather gear knob. ES / RX has always had plastic from what I understand...

MY10 VRX got a new stitch pattern on the park brake. Perhaps even on the gear shifter.

and now I'm labouring to remember off the top of my head where the tacho and speedo are. I think the speedo is on the left.

ImageImage

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 am

LZY_EYE wrote:Nah, it confirms my memory that the my10 has the dials switched :)

I knew they had changed other things but couldn't remember exactly what. The location of the dials is bugging me now! Might have to do some research when I turn the laptop on. Should have stopped at the Mitsu dealer and checked!!

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:02 am

SIR-VRX wrote:Probably because they hadn't entered MY10 into the computers yet... Same thing happened with drake89 and the computer just wasn't updated withthe My10 lettering

how is drake89's car a MY10 his car is older them mine and i bought mine in 08

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:12 am

I know the MY10 Gauges are the same as the RA Gauges design wise.

MY08/09 Lancers have the Tacho on the right.
MY09 Ralliart Tacho moved to left, different gauge design to Regular models.

MY10 VRX The same as MY09 RA but the Tacho back on the right.
Can't confirm regular models as I've yet to look close enough.

The brochures and pictures on MMAL's website are always wrong. Their art department is useless as most of the pictures ar just bad photoshop jobs. When I ordered my car, off the brochure, it was totally incorrect when I finally got to see a VRX in the flesh. Wasn't happy but what can ya do.

---

Blakey wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:Probably because they hadn't entered MY10 into the computers yet... Same thing happened with drake89 and the computer just wasn't updated withthe My10 lettering

how is drake89's car a MY10 his car is older them mine and i bought mine in 08

His is a MY08 but when he bought it his documentation said MY09.

Tin_Pusher
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Tin_Pusher » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 am

I think I've started something now :)

And VRX_Pete thanks to your original post last year re the VIN decode, at the time of ordering my VRX end September last year I made sure the code was correct for a MY10 when they gave me the VIN number before taking delivery.

Forewarned is forearmed and all that, so thanks for that :D

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:56 pm

For me, My vin has an "A" as the tenth character. It was also in the dealer's computer as an M10.

However, I will note it wasn't in the computer as an RX. It was in the system as an ES. Why? Very simple. Saves space in the database if you don't make a new entry for a limited run car.

The dealer differentiated between the RX and an ordinary ES by the Stock number.

Another thing... my contract says 4 speed auto - it certainly is Not - again it's the database. Mitsu make quite a range of cars. Stock and VIN are the important details, other things like limited run vehicles, special packages, gearboxes... not so much so to save space and entries (someone has to enter the data after all) things get lumped together a bit.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

to answer some thoughts, my built datre is july not august

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:50 pm

driftnut(( wrote:but why would my paper work say MY09
Was it in handwriting or computer printout? If a computer print out I'd go for SIR-VRX's explanation. When I got my invoice via my Credit Union my VIN was designation was for CY4A not a CY5A, I was spitting chips and freaking out I'd get a 2.0L not a 2.4L. However it was typo or something the VIN on the car was for a CY5A. Typos happen. Dealers are slow to update systems, it takes time.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 pm

driftnut(( wrote:to answer some thoughts, my built datre is july not august
So dude, are you gonna keep us in suspense?! Have u got an MY10 or not????? :D :D

As per my previous post;
What is the 10th charcheter of your VIN? A "9" or an "A" - if it's an A, you got a MY10, if it's a 9 you got a 2009.
For referencce see my post about deciphering the VIN http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=259

ImageImage

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:46 pm

As a follow up to my post a couple above where I said my VIN tenth character is an "A", so by Pete's post I do have an MY10.

Here's my dials, for comparison by people that have MY08 or MY09's
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125

Car & Home audio nut.

Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS

Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”