***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Some misunderstood individual keyed my car

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

cody_au
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby cody_au » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:23 am

Nick07 wrote:Sorry to hear mate thats a real bummer. Theres been people having their cars set on fire and other cases with all 4 tyres being slashed.

If that ever happens to me I'm definitely going to say "stuff this" and upgrade to a Ralliart :-P

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Do you have any pics of it?

I know he feeling i had some lowlife key my bonnet of my not even 24 hours old lancer back in 07 the managed to put a massive S that covered my entire bonnet. But was lucky old man get cheap spray painting done at his work.

I still remember the feeling when i seen it tho :(

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:08 pm

This is yet another case in the past week about this vandalism to Cars. And I really honestly feel for you, I really do, this is horrible especially considering this is intentional.

I feel this is directly related to recent 'Car hoon' article on Channel 9's ACA. As last time they featured a story about 'Car Hoons' (Which actually used the term 'car enthusiasts' which landed them in very hot legal waters with many entities including Shannons) there were other people posting up about vandalised Lancers here.

This is not just limited to Lancers, this is across a few other clubs too. There is a sudden rise of any car that looks remotely sporty or has a sport/club sticker on it is being keyed, dented, bumped by some ill mannered person in the public shortly after these TV articles are aired.

I think the best advice so far I've heard when one of these TV articles are aired, is to:

1. Avoid parking in public places if possible for a period of time until the hype cools down.
2. If you do park in a public place and it has security cameras, park in clear view of it.
3. Some people have gotten front and rear recording devices for thier cars, expensive but an option.

Keep in mind that once it happens, don't expect the culprit to be caught as it's not common for that to actually happen, focus on getting it fixed and try to move on.

Keep safe y'all :)
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

chris
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby chris » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:09 am

Know way will I leave my ralliart alone in public parking, have even had our beaten up twenty year old laser keyed across the bonnet, if I ever caught the retard he/she would be minus a few fingers

darren1011
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby darren1011 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:41 am

Karma catches up with these dicks, unless someone else dopes first

Marek
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Marek » Thu May 10, 2012 11:07 am

Can anyone recommend a good camera ~$100 to record motion around the front and rear of my car?

Or will any cheapo one off eBay do?

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”