***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Replacing OEM HID Bulb

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:33 pm

richo7502000 wrote:I realise the headlights have Auto level in the OEM HIDs, but is it possible to adjust the height at all. My week old Ralliart has the factory HID package and I find that the low beam doesnt really light up far enough in front of the car. I drive to/ from work at ungodly hours on 100km/hr roads with no street lights and find I cant see enough in front with low beams. Anyone have any ideas, around town the hids are awesome though I will add!!!

You do not adjust your headlights to see more when the low beam is on. Your lights should be adjusted so the high beam is correct when on.

The idea of low beam is to give minimum light so not to blind other drivers.. Most suburbs have enough street lighting to see. Headlights on just help other drivers to see you and give you a little more light directly in front of you.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Oh Well, just in-case your Headlight's are out of adjustment and you really do need to adjust them.

But Remember .... Don't adjust them too high so you can see alot Better .... because you will most likely be Blinding oncoming traffic ..... *nono*

Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC AspiRe 2.4L
Merlin Inspired Variable Engine Control
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Glenn
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Glenn » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Thats the picture i was looking for!
My screwdriver wasnt big enough.....

richo7502000
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby richo7502000 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 am

aspir3 wrote:[quote:04cf049b80=richo7502000]I realise the headlights have Auto level in the OEM HIDs, but is it possible to adjust the height at all. My week old Ralliart has the factory HID package and I find that the low beam doesnt really light up far enough in front of the car. I drive to/ from work at ungodly hours on 100km/hr roads with no street lights and find I cant see enough in front with low beams. Anyone have any ideas, around town the hids are awesome though I will add!!![/quote:04cf049b80] You do not adjust your headlights to see more when the low beam is on. Your lights should be adjusted so the high beam is correct when on. The idea of low beam is to give minimum light so not to blind other drivers.. Most suburbs have enough street lighting to see. Headlights on just help other drivers to see you and give you a little more light directly in front of you.

Yeah I do appreciate that, they are honestly set a tad low IMO... they just need a little tweek to fix it up a little bit. I hate cars that have superbright lights set real high myself, so I am respectful of that.

Return to “Lighting”