***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

MMCS Sat Nav Problems

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ralliartas
INACTIVE Member Account

MMCS Sat Nav Problems

Postby ralliartas » Tue May 05, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi all ... hopefully I’m posting in the correct area ... I have an 08 build Ralliart which has the MMCS Sat Nav option. It’s quite a good unit with a nice clear display (although it doesn’t have the 3D capabilities of the portable Garmin unit I use when interstate).

I do have a couple of problems with it though ... firstly the voice guidance comes from the right hand side speaker only and sounds quite muffled even at the highest volume setting. I’ve asked the dealer if it can be adjusted (as they were able to the Bluetooth volume which comes from the same speaker), but the answer after consultation with Mitsubishi was “no”.

The other issue, and the one which I would most like to resolve, is that is calculates the arrival time at the programmed destination based on an average speed of 60km/h. Being a busy businessman, I found one of the most useful features of the Garmin not so much to know how to get there, but when! You can adjust highway, secondary and suburban street speeds on the Garmin, but there appears to be nothing like this available on the MMCS. It calculates a 200km highway trip to take 3 hours and 20 minutes (200 minutes), and a 10km trip through peak hour traffic to take 10 minutes, both highly inaccurate. It also affects the guidance instructions as it will always take the shortest route regardless of the speed limits on that route. Once again the dealer claims that it can’t be adjusted.

I’m wondering if other MMCS owners have the same problems, and if they have found a fix in a hidden menu somewhere?

Cheers ....... Dan

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Tue May 05, 2009 2:35 pm

Can't answer any question but the shortest route - if you hit 3 routes before you hit the start guidance button you can choose the route you would prefer to take.

Otherwise potentially will be fixed with the latest maps DVD you can get from whereis/dealership?

ralliartas
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ralliartas » Tue May 05, 2009 4:28 pm

daveee wrote:Can't answer any question but the shortest route - if you hit 3 routes before you hit the start guidance button you can choose the route you would prefer to take.

Otherwise potentially will be fixed with the latest maps DVD you can get from whereis/dealership?

Thanks for that! The data disc which came with the car is version 14 ... there is a later one?

It does give you choices, but it still calculates the arrival time based on 60 km/h :(

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue May 05, 2009 4:39 pm

60km/h is ridiculous. Most GPS I have seen and the one I use (Navman S50) update constantly as you travel and take into consideration the speed limit of the roads along the chosen route when initially providing you with an estimate.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Tue May 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Most of them also use your average speed along with that.

Version 14 is the latest. Whereis will be releasing a new version in the coming months according to MMAL.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed May 06, 2009 8:17 am

From what I know:

a) The speaker thing is alright for me as I don't turn it on too loud, just enough for the driver to hear. After awhile, once you're used to "your lady's" voice you more or less make out the muffled instructions. So I'm not sure you'd actually prefer it to get louder but even at the highest setting on the MMCS, I find it too loud.

b) Am I the only one here who is not sure about this 60 km/h thing? My MMCS constant updates the time I can arrive somewhere and they are pretty accurate. If I take the "quick" toll route in VIC, my arrival time usually is the fastest, then when I actually DON'T use the toll route, the time goes up again. Distance of the toll route is actually further so surely, they couldn't use a fixed 60km/h.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

ralliartas
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ralliartas » Wed May 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Mine also constantly updates, so when I finally arrive, it's spot on ... but it still calculates the arrival time based on 60km/h (1 km per minute).

For example ... lets say we leave home at 1pm for a destination 200km away ... the MMCS will dispaly an arrival time of 4.20 pm (a 3 hour and 20 minute trip). If we average 100km per hour, we will cover the first half of the trip in 1 hour, and at that point (2pm) the MMCS will display an arrival time of 3.40pm (a remaining trip time of 1 hour and 40 minutes).

If we continue to average 100 km per hour for the remainder of the trip, the actual arrival time will be 3pm!

Hope this clarifies the problem ... thanks for the replies and suggestons so far.

Cheers ....... Dan

richo7502000
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby richo7502000 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 am

dumb& wrote:Most of them also use your average speed along with that.

Yeah I belive that it uses the "average speed" you have been doing since reset. In most cases its very hard to average over 60KM/Hr unless of course you reset the trip meter stuff and drive along the freeway at 100Km/hr straight away for a length of time!

Return to “Electrical”