***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

RA Bonnet from CarMate?

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Carl-BVI
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

RA Bonnet from CarMate?

Postby Carl-BVI » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Thinking about getting the metal RA bonnet painted and possibly fitted.

Just wondering if anyone has got ANYTHING done by them or even just bought parts. How did they fit? hows there paint work? good people? any info is appreciated.

Also even better if you have got the bonnet from them.

Any info helps guys.

Thanks

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Cant say much except I bought a spoiler off of them and it fit but ive also heard of a lot of bad reviews
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Carl-BVI
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Carl-BVI » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:22 am

Thanks Anabelle - There is a mix of reviews - guess you just have to be lucky lol

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:47 am

You could always just save for a while and get a mitsubishi one :p

I

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:23 am

I got a front bumper from them more than a decade ago. It looked alright enough but I was young and just after something cheap and replacing a damaged factory bar.

I wouldn't buy from them now, but that's because I am infinitely richer than I was 10 years ago and only buy quality things :P If you want top quality, I'd look elsewhere, but if you just want something on a budget you should be OK.

Having said all of that, they could be a lot different these days to back then, could be completely new owners etc.

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 pm

In all honestly I would say that you are 100% better off buying genuine for something like a bonnet... If its a dodgy bonnet that doesn't hold you are screwed as soon as you hit the freeway. Your bonnet flies up at 110km/h... Well you can imagine lol

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Carmate is willing to install the boot for you. So they'll have to make it fit. It's all about risk. they need Rainbow pen Australia !
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Carl-BVI
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Carl-BVI » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:58 am

True that Tomo!

Brad52
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Brad52 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:37 pm

i got my body kit done by them, tried fitting it myself and couldnt, if you do get parts from them i would get them to fit it. It fits right and well, the only downside is there paint wasnt EXACTLY the same as the rest of the car, which i expected though because of different paint surfaces (fibreglass compared to metal of the car) and the paint age, but it begins to get noticeable the more you look at it where you get it painted is up to you but if you get them to paint and fit im pretty sure they discount it* (gonna have to check im not completely sure).

Other than that i would have to say they didnt do a bad job and it looks good and were easy to work with, but since you're from wollongong im guessing it will be harder for you because they had my car for 8 days for fitment and paint, I'm not sure how long they would be with the bonnet but i hope this helps :)
2008 ES Lancer - Tein S Tech Springs - Evo body kit - BBS LM 18s - and other small things.. Please Rate!! :)

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:46 pm

They had your car for 8 days?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

All they should need is something to match the paint with
for example...I tried the tow cover/cap, but it was too small, so I gave the painter the fuel door, which they used to mix up the paint (machine analyses the part, comes up with the code...it was the same code as it says under the bonnet anyway)

I bought my current spoiler from them, and it fits perfectly. I have heard a few complaints about their ability to match paint or lack of...yes, there may be a slight slight difference depending on material, but it shouldn't be THAAAAAAT noticeable...

Beware: the guy there tried hard to sell me extra parts...without even noticing that I already had some of them hahaha

Also, as said above...the bonnet is the only item that I am considering going to Mitsubishi for....I think it would be worth the extra money for peace of mind...especially with all these rules about the material etc

I

Brad52
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Brad52 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:57 pm

well what happened was i got it fitted, inspected the job they did then they said they'd paint it for 'x' amount (cant even remember now) so it took longer than what it should have because they had to pull it all off to paint it and re-fit, I didnt mind because i just couldnt be bothered pulling it off and getting it painted externally.
Yeah they did do all the paint codes and what not the only reason its noticeably different is because the parts are so large and against each other (check my garage you'll see what i mean) where it wouldnt be noticeable on smaller parts like spoilers :)
2008 ES Lancer - Tein S Tech Springs - Evo body kit - BBS LM 18s - and other small things.. Please Rate!! :)

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:16 pm

hmm...I see....

I didn't notice much difference with my front bumper/side skirts/spoilers but maybe I should stare at it for a couple of days..... jokes :P

I

Brad52
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Brad52 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm

oh did you get the fibreglass or the real plastic stuff? the plastic wouldnt be very noticeable aha, oh don't do that! it'll kill you if you start to notice it! You cant un-see it :(

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Yes, they are all plastic :P

haha it would....I already have another problem on my mind that I need to fix before I go crazy...

Ready for it?..

In my tail lights, my left indicator is lighter in colour then my right indicator. I noticed on Friday night

I

Brad52
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Brad52 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:05 pm

check if the bulbs are the same maybe? that would irritate me ahahaha

Return to “Exterior”