***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Tadz is in Disbelief...Broken CJ ='(

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:06 pm

dude that seriously sucks.

hope things come together... good people here looking out for you.
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 pm

good people indeed.

+1 ofey and PMR (when I can)
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Man so sorry to see that Tadz,

I've had something similar happen to me but not that bad yet. Parked in a visitor spot for all of 30mins, come back to the car to find a lovely door dent from the person that was next to me opening thier door into my car....

Definately feel your pain, I'm sure you'll work something out nicely.

+1 to ofey and PMR for thier generous support.
Last edited by blade888 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:30 pm

hey guys this message is tadz was just on the phone to him told what u guys r doin for him and this is what he has to say:

"To club cj menbers: i cant thank you enough for the overwealming support i have recieved from you guys in the last day or so. My cj means the world to me and really upsets me to see her in the condition she's in atm. to ofey, nick and every one at CCJ i thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support i've recieved. And to Captain for offering his RA VIN thank you aswell. I will update you guys as much as possible. thank you again club cj =)

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:45 pm

I feel for you mate...

On a little detour, looking at the damage.... I reckon some people can do it on the cheap without going through insurance!

Looks like a job they can beat out (rear quarter panel), and filler it, and have it looking new again. The rear bar also looks like it can be heat pressured to form back into place.

This would save your premium going up and also may save you money from the excess. Have a chat to the beater, see if they can do that.

Normally if insurance purposes, they wouldn't use filler, they'd just replace all. Which is good, because you get your RA rear bar and stuff, but you suffer in the premiums later.

Hope you consider it.

-EXALTD-

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:47 pm

he shouldn't suffer in his premiums... he wasn't at fault.

plus, for insurance sake, it's better than he goes through and pays the premium, because if anything happens in the future and the find that he didn't get it done properly... it could be ugly.
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:58 pm

It is quite difficult with the time it takes to do that panel. You have to rip out the back seat, and there may be a chance that they have to unweld the panel to beat it out. (my car had same panel smashed by QRX truck, only difference was the truck cut right through the metal and it had to be unwelded and new one welded back on. That took a long time on its own) Get it done by insurance. You can't afford not to with future problems that could be involved. You won't get that done for less than $550.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:02 am

Bad luck Tadz, lets hope no matter what you choose to do, the car comes out looking better than before! Will be a treat to get an RA bar on the back, good luck with your repair!

Well done all for the support!

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 am

man, that pretty much sucks !

if you need any help of any kind , just pm me and i'll try my best ! although chief ofey would have probably settle it all :D

good luck with it and hope it all goes well !
Lancer Evolution 10MR

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: Tadz is in Disbelief...Broken CJ ='(

Postby The X » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:09 am

tadz0rz wrote:So we took the truck over to the new place, unloaded all the stuff and drove back over to pick up my car and the cats. Ive unlocked the doors to get the cats in the car, and my alarm pager went off letting me know that the alarm had gone off. So i go over to the car and was completely shattered when i saw the drivers side rear quarter pannel and bumper...
Console me pleaseeeee!!!!!
Dude that soooo sux0rz! Important thing, it's fairly minor and repairable and still you can drive the car around and it's doesn't look too retarted.

Srsly tho, you're in a new (I assume quietish) residential street and someone backs into the car whilst parked on the street. So it must be either an across the road neighbor or one of thier vistors backing out of their driveway? Can't be a random person doing a u-ey. Don't know if it's worth the bad relationship with new neighbors, but whatever they did or one of their guests did it's a dog act.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:30 am

Sorry to hear Mate, that is my worst fear coming back to my baby and seeing it has been defaced. As a newcomer to the site it is great to see the support and sense of community through members helping out other members.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:33 am

Sorry to hear about this dude, I know your pain, it's horrible when your car is damaged.

Hopefuly the bright side out of it is that you get a new RA bumper though
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:33 am

Tadz if you want an evo VIN no# instead you're welcome to mine.
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:08 am

Tadz is back in business!!!!

To everyone here at clubCJ, i am overwhelmed by the support i have recived from everyone. As many know, probley not the best point in my life at the moment, and my CJ is the only thing that brings a smile to my face at the moment. Just sadens me every time i walk past it i look straight at that dent in the side....

@ Ofey:
Irving, i cant thank you enough for the support you've given me and the rest of the club. +999999999999999999999 from me mate. This thread should be shown to anyone who doesnt believe ofey to be a true and honest man who only wants to look out for the best for the ClubCJ members.

Ofey, would you able to PM me the all the part numbers for the rear bar for the RA and Captains VIN number, it would make it easier for the smash repairer to order the parts if i can get him everything he needs. Saves him a bit of work aswell.

@ Captain:
Captain, Ive only met with you a few times and havnt really had a chance to get to know you too much but i really do thank you for offering your VIN number to make me able to the the RA rear bar. Im heading down to the smash repair place today to get some stuff organised.

@ Nick from PMR:
If i cant get the rear bar from the RA, im going to more than interested in getting the PMR kit from you. Whether or not my insurance will do the entire kit i dont know...We will have to find out. If the RA bar falls through, ill be in contact with you straight away about organising the kit.

@ Everyone else at ClubCJ:
Guys, you have no idea how much your support means to me, especially at this time of my life. Dont mean to get all sad and emo about the stuff but it really does. My car is one of a few things in my life that makes me truley happy and for to see her in the condition shes in just hurts.

Not to mention she has been used like a ute the past 2 weeks carting stuff to our new house. Shes a pigsty inside. I think im going to clean her out today to make myself feel a little better lol..

On other news...

Ive got my internet back up, my roommate has been very accomodating and has let me connect to his internet for the duration we are living here, at no charge for the moment.

Again, thank you to everyone who has shown support for me, it really does mean alot!!
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:13 am

arutha: i dont think an evo bar wold fit also ur car is diff colour so vin would nt work out i dont i think although i may be wrong

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

Return to “Exterior”