***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Tadz is in Disbelief...Broken CJ ='(

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:30 pm

ye ye boiiiii'ssss!

They also said if i want to go out and get a quote for the repair i can and they will send me out a cheque. So if they dont like the idea of autorising the repair with the rear bar...Ill go out and get a quote for the RA rear bar and geting teh quarter pannel fixed (from the same place, very helpful people) and get it organised that way.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:37 pm

sounds like its win win either way tadz. im glad that at least something good is coming out of all of this
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:39 pm

tadz0rz wrote:I have no idea. She scraped the wheel pretty bad aswell. Everything thats happend to my car hasnt been my fault. Maybe i should stop being nice and lending my car around so this sorta crap doesnt happen

Just have the insurance premium reduced by being the only nominated driver and perfect excuse to tell people "no" because they would not be insured. :) Works a treat without being percieved to be a prick. :wink:
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:42 pm

arutha wrote:sounds like its win win either way tadz. im glad that at least something good is coming out of all of this

Haha true that man. Im really excited now that i could be getting the RA rear bumper, its going to be sickkkk!!!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:44 pm

tadz0rz wrote:ye ye boiiiii'ssss!

They also said if i want to go out and get a quote for the repair i can and they will send me out a cheque.
Don't do the cheque / cash settlement. You can come unstuck and be out of pocket, read something online about this a while back.
Have a read of this, yes yes i know it's trash tabloid current affairs but quite interesting.
http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/6516360/general/insurance-insider

On the upside, with all your mishaps, you're getting some decent mods lined up.... :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Ill ask them about the cheque / cash settlement in detail when i speak to them pete, Thanks for showing me that, makes more more aware of what could happen.

Ill make sure if i do go with the cash settlement ill make sure they put it in writing that they have to cover the full cost of the quote for the repairs including parts labor and materials so they cant wriggle out of it.

Hopefully they wont cause me any grief but they have seemed very open minded so far...lets hope they stay that way...

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:07 pm

good to see things are going well for you tadz !

maybe u could try to find an evo x muffler and mod it to fit the RA bar , or just buy the RA muffler , not sure if they'll fit straight up thou

pretty sure theres quite a few used mufflers since exhaust is one of the first few things people would change , good luck on it :D
Lancer Evolution 10MR

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:11 pm

Gah im going to confuse myself by having a ES CJ with RA rear bar...

Can anybody clear this up for me...Mitsiman maybe?

Does the RPW exhaust have the same positioned outlets as the RA?

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:11 pm

RA Muffler too big. The RA has a higher boot floor to accommodate the bigger muffler underneath it ;)

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks adro...

Buuuuttt!!

does the RPW dual exhaust fit the same exhaust outlets as the RA?

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:18 pm

I was answering to lpy's post

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Will there be any ramifications towards the person who gives you their VIN though???? If that person was to sell their RA down the track and gives the VIN to the next possible owner, then it would be on record that an RA bumper was ordered by them at some time. If they told the potential buyer that it was "for someone else" then it really would be a stumbling block on the sale going ahead (would you believe that story of a turbo charged sports car from a complete stranger??)

If you go the insurance way, the repairer has to fill out a report on your car which includes your VIN and when it comes to ordering parts, they can't use a different VIN to order any extra individual parts. (This was the whole fraud issue that Arutha was getting at)

It would be different if you already had the RA bar and the insurance people knew about it and had it covered on your account, but unless you go the check/cash payout, then they may reject that idea. Also, the check/cash settlement means that after the car is repaired the insurance agency wants to see the run down on how much it all costs and wants their inspector to make sure that the car is fine and can still be insured by them for the future (This is to stop a relative with a hammer bashing out the panel, filling the hole and painting over it and pocketing the cash left over)

The bottom line is - You will never know unless you try it. Ask all questions and ask the opinions from all the scenarios you can think of. You may get lucky!

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Don't forget the exhaust outlets are closer to the centre of the vehicle than the ES/VERX one ;)

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks for that supernintendo...

Not disagreeing with you on the VIN number part, but the VIN number for the vechile would be the only thing recorded for it wouldnt it? I mean, if the repairer is willing to get the part with the other VIN, that VIN wont be noted on the invoice for the part. But then as you said, you would be getting into the insurance fraud thing again. Ill have to speak to the repairer in person and ask them about them about organising it with a different VIN number. Its not like i dont have their permission or anything, if i didnt have their permission i wouldnt go through with it.

If worse comes to worse, i can get captian to order the part for me and i use the money i get from the insurance to pay him. This is getting kinda technical so i gotta make sure i think this through and note down all the questions I have, which i might do now...

So basicly if i want to get the RA rear bar and RACV isnt willing to do it through their policy. Ill go out and get a quote on the labor and parts, send RACV the quote and get them to send me a cheque...Put in an order for the parts and get the repairer to organise the repair...

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Worst case get a VIN off carsales.com.au ;)

Return to “Exterior”