***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Wanting to Swap Boot?

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bennieboi101
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Wanting to Swap Boot?

Postby bennieboi101 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Hey guys

so i was just wanting to put it out there, Who would be interested in swapping boots?

I need a CJ Lancer Boot with FZ (white) paint in good condition with NO SPOILER OR HOLES. Alternatively a CJ boot with an Evo X spoiler already on it would be just awesome as well!

If you have a boot in good condition no holes i will clean swap you for mine and i will pay for shipping or drive to you if your close enough :)

if you have a boot with a Evo X spoiler on it and willing to swap i will pay for shipping + Cash your way.

my boot is scratch and dent free. has small lip spoiler as well as custom VRX spoiler.

or im all ears if someone has a way of removing the small lip spoiler without damaging the paint AND has a way to plug up the holes from the bolts that isnt noticeable without having to repaint the entire boot :(

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:51 pm

You can cover the holes with white silicone circles. Only noticable up close
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Just get the scorpion evo x spoiler, no need for extra holes

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

TheVeeMachine
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby TheVeeMachine » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:49 am

Check on the inside of the boot to see if the lip is actually bolted on. If it's just stuck on with adhesive, you can remove it along with the VRX spoiler, and the Evolution X wing will cover all existing holes. You will still have to fill one or two of them with silicon, but this will only be visible from the inside of the boot.

Worst case scenario, you've got a really big wing and a small lip. Looks ok, in my opinion:

bennieboi101
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bennieboi101 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:58 pm

lol ok ill clear up a few things that people misunderstood hahah but thanks for all the feeback guys

existing VRX spoiler doesn't bother me cause i know the holes that are there will be used to bolt in Evo spoiler but the little duck bill is my problem as yes that is bolted in :( and i dont want nasty holes in my boot and i dont want a dodgey patch job trying to cover them up. would rather see someone who has brought a Cj with no spoiler and now wants one have my boot for FREE and get an awesome spoiler setup and i get a clean boot i can put a nice Evo X spoiler on.

Thanks bunnishiwa that may be an idea yet if no one is keen to swap, i am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my cars.

TheVeeMachine thanks for the pic it does look pretty alright but im a slave to appearances haha.
That picture u sent is that yours? Either way the small addon bit around the bottom of the rear bumper...i must have this haha, where do i get one.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:32 pm

The car in the pic has Florida plates, don't think it's Viveks

TheVeeMachine
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby TheVeeMachine » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:31 pm

bennieboi101 wrote:the small addon bit around the bottom of the rear bumper...i must have this haha, where do i get one.

Sorry, can't help you; the picture is from my good friend, Google Images.

Return to “Exterior”