***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Paint Protection and Electroninc Rust Units

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sun May 30, 2010 8:48 pm

here is the defining statement to why it wont work. IE needs a circuit,

In order for cathodic protection to work, the anode must possess a lower potential (more negative) than that of the protected structure (cathode).

lurch
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby lurch » Sun May 30, 2010 11:19 pm

whitemonster wrote:just maintain your car regularly and have a layer of wax/sealant on it at all times , that'll do the trick

+1, I actually use a sealant topped with a wax. Most of the paint protection packs have to be reapplied every so often (check the warranty) which you might as well do yourself for a fraction of the cost with a good quality wax/sealant. If you seal/wax yourself you (hopefully :D ) won't have some muppet using a rag full of dust and crap rubbing your paint as well.

I also use a spray wax every couple of washes to top up the wax coating and only strip it back and do a full re-wax 2-3 times a year.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun May 30, 2010 11:56 pm

lurch wrote:
whitemonster wrote:just maintain your car regularly and have a layer of wax/sealant on it at all times , that'll do the trick

+1, I actually use a sealant topped with a wax. Most of the paint protection packs have to be reapplied every so often (check the warranty) which you might as well do yourself for a fraction of the cost with a good quality wax/sealant. If you seal/wax yourself you (hopefully :D ) won't have some muppet using a rag full of dust and crap rubbing your paint as well.

I also use a spray wax every couple of washes to top up the wax coating and only strip it back and do a full re-wax 2-3 times a year.

a fellow member that enjoys detailing :) what sealant and wax combos do you use ?

there's such a big thing going around with using wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant + pinnacle's liquid souveran

would like to try that soon :D
Lancer Evolution 10MR

dtrial
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby dtrial » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:37 pm

The previous owner of my car had it installed too. But doesnt seem to work much..
There are still tiny bits of rust here and there on the car.

Return to “Exterior”