***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Custom ES console upgrade

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Spewman
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Spewman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

bump cos i'd also like an armrest :D
Anything new with this? Got a colour match?

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:18 pm

I'm slowly finishing up the prototype (which needs a lot of changing... but still, I may as well finish it off to show and point out what will be different)

I'm currently working on the Custom Username / ClubCJ scuff plates at the moment, as I've taken a few orders and want to get them finished for ppl as soon as possible. I will get around to finishing this one off soon tho - not on 6 days anymore, work's died down a little...

Question: what would people rather in this console:

1) Just a 'console shaped' lid to cover the existing console and act as an armrest
2) A 2 piece console (see pics page 1) with an extra storage compartment in the top section / latch on the top lid to keep it closed etc.

I'm guessing that option #2 will jack up the price, let's say double-ish...

So if we pick a figure, say $200 for #1 and $400ish for #2 (may be vastly different in the end but for arguments sake) What would ppl want? #1 or #2?
(lets me know how much needs to go into the design and what I should be actually working on)

Spewman
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Spewman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:52 am

ah k that's cool Jazzy, no point rushing it around cos then it might become to much of a chore.

Do will the lid be hinged? If so i'd be happy with the first option to keep the cost down. If the lid contained a compartment id prolly be worried about my stuff falling out whenever i opened the lid to get to the main console >.<.

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cyssero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:56 am

Good to hear work has died down Jazzy :)

I'd say option #1, the estimated cost is quite different and I think people would be thrilled to know they can get a console lid in the first place, the dual compartment one won't matter as much. Keeping it simple I guess.

And inevitably costs will rise so I'd say #1 is the winner for me :)

Drove in the old man's Falcon the other day for the first time since I got my Lancer (8 months) and wow, the only thing I missed was the centre console lol.

Look forward to updates whenever you get a chance :)

tmr_colt
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby tmr_colt » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:25 am

JazzyB wrote:fabric will be doable... I just chose vinyl because it seemed like more of a 'car material' than fabric. But u'll have a lot more choice with this then ANY other thing u probably buy for your lancer, cos it is fully custom, not like any trim has to be removed to put a different trim on... Paint it, vinyl it, fabric it, custom-surface coat it (ie woodgrain coatings etc)... Dunno much about the finishing touches myself, but any good interior shop should know their shit ;-)

is your sig pic supposed to say lightning blue?

CJ08
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby CJ08 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Great to hear this is stilling going a head my vote would be for #1. Keep it as simple as possible.

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:28 pm

ok - good to know this, thanks - option 1 would HAVE to be hinged, but I wanna try work out a system where we don't have to actually screw into the existing console...

And no - my car's a special new colour code - lighning blue :-P

Yer, it's a typo :-p thanks

ronald_mc_91
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ronald_mc_91 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:58 pm

hey if these are still going im up for one. #1 is a good one as long as its hinged dont want to be taking off lids and putting them back on while driving
2009 Mitsubishi lancer es sportsback

MODS:
- 17" black and silver rims
- Tinting
- PIONEER AVH-P4150DVD 7" MONITOR DVD Player
- Fusion Reactor 6.5" Component Speakers RE-CM650
- Fusion Reactor 6.5" 3 Way Speakers
RE-FR6530

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Be very interesting to see this up close... keep up the good R+D !!

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:29 pm

I'm going to look at making a cover over the summer break. Surely it couldn't be too difficult, it wouldn't be a hinged one. I'll have to give it some more thought over the break and I'll let you guys know how I go.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Yeah well it's unfortunate that the 2 principles of this : JazzyB and tadz0rz both lost interest in their cars.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jolly_tas » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:25 am

I have a 1988 Mazda 626 as a second car and the console in that has a main storage area plus a hinged lid which contains a smaller storage area. The latch on it allows the lid to be locked which then gives access to the bottom compartment, or unlocked which opens the top compartment. I haven't had the tape measure out but it could be modified to fit a Lancer. Will get some measurements and pics later on and post them up if you like.

Return to “Interior”