Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

New Activ Owner - Sydney

Postby dannyboi » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Hey everyone,

Bought a Mystic Blue Activ last Sunday, and am waiting for it to be delivered some time next week.
Haven't exactly done much for it except order some reverse sensors. I'm interested in obtaining some headlamp & bonnet protectors and weathershields soon.
Looks like other people have really nice looking set ups on their cars, which I'll consider once I get to know the car better.

Can't wait!!

- Danny

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:04 pm

Welcome to the club Danny.

Just a question are you getting factory rear sensors like mine. If you are they are to low to the ground. They need to be mounted higher.

I am not keen on headlight and bonnet protectors, as I fitted them on my old car and they caused more damage then anything.

Paint protector you can do yourself for less then $100.

Best of luck with the car and mods.

If you have any questions just ask.

l0n3w01f
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby l0n3w01f » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:08 pm

welcome Danny :) hope u enjoy ur new cj when it arrives, as the mods that u are looking at, aftermarket ones would be cheaper in many ways, also if trying to save a few buck, try diy...

surf around the forum and u will find great help:)

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Hi Danny
Welcome to ClubCJ
The Mystic Blue is an unusual colour I like it myself!
Plenty of members will help with advice if you want it
Hope to meet you on a cruise soon :mrgreen:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

BSYDE
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BSYDE » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:02 am

Hello and welcome to CLUBCJ
White MY10 VR-X
Tein/ Injen/ Optima/ Dynamat/ Crescendo/ Arc Audio/ Stinger/ Pioneer/ Focal

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:27 am

aspir3 wrote:Just a question are you getting factory rear sensors like mine. If you are they are to low to the ground. They need to be mounted higher.

Yeah I'm getting the factory rear sensors installed over the weekend, being the reason why I can't pick up the car yet.

Being to low, do they miss out on some things? I've never had sensors before, and the demo car I was looking at just seemed to have normal sensors.

Cheers

l0n3w01f wrote:welcome Danny :) hope u enjoy ur new cj when it arrives, as the mods that u are looking at, aftermarket ones would be cheaper in many ways, also if trying to save a few buck, try diy...

I really can't wait to get my hands on it. I noticed that there was that "Parts" thread for club members, but I can't PM "ofey" yet because I haven't raked up the 20 posts.

Mizta B wrote:Hi Danny
Welcome to ClubCJ
The Mystic Blue is an unusual colour I like it myself!
Plenty of members will help with advice if you want it
Hope to meet you on a cruise soon :mrgreen:

I think Mystic Blue gets bagged out a fair bit, but I like it because it's uncommon and blue is my favourite colour. It's not aggressive as Lightning Blue, but I'll leave that to the VRXs and Evo X owners out there :P
Last edited by dannyboi on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 am

Danny the sensors read the ground to much. They are in the lower part of the bumper which points down to the ground. When I get to the bottom of my driveway they beep because they hit the ground. They need to be in the higher section of the bar.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:47 am

aspir3 wrote:Danny the sensors read the ground to much. They are in the lower part of the bumper which points down to the ground. When I get to the bottom of my driveway they beep because they hit the ground. They need to be in the higher section of the bar.

That's a bummer. I wonder why they didn't pick that up.
I'll see how it goes as it the driveway slopes straight up from my garage as well.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:58 am

Danny I fitted mine myself, as per the instructions.

Do your self a favour if they are where mine are, take the car for a test drive before paying the money and signing the papers. Test the sensors and tell the dealer they are not except-able, and you want them fixed. Walk away from the deal until they do. They will need to put a new rear bumper on to fix. When you spend $25k you want the car to be right.

The trouble with my sensors is I now ignore the beep, as I think it is the ground again.

If they do not fix it, go to another dealer and they will give you what you want. Trust me if you walk away and play hard ball, you will get what you ask and paid for.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:03 am

aspir3 wrote:Do your self a favour if they are where mine are, take the car for a test drive before paying the money and signing the papers. Test the sensors and tell the dealer they are not except-able, and you want them fixed. Walk away from the deal until they do. They will need to put a new rear bumper on to fix. When you spend $25k you want the car to be right.

Yeah I'll have to test it out before handing over the cash. Just happens to be that the slope into the dealer is a pretty big gradient, so that should see how reliable it is.
Thanks for the heads up.

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Welcome where abouts in Sydney are you?

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:42 pm

STACYS wrote:Welcome where abouts in Sydney are you?

South-west area close to Bankstown. Been keeping my eye out for CJs around here, and I can barely find any. Only managed to see a dark grey ES drive past a moment ago!

Hoges wrote:Hey Danny welcome to the club!

I had the sensors put on when i bought the car and they put them high up on the most protruding part of the bumper. Have a look in my garage you might be able to see where they are.

Hope you enjoy the car

Thanks. I guess it's to do with how the installer does it. I'll have a look at your photos.

2 days to go...

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Picked up my Lancer today!!!

The rear sensors were placed along the top of the bumper, so that seems correct. However, the rightmost one was protruding out a bit with the waterproofing seal not fitting in properly.

Dealer offered to fix it at my place but I organised it do be done at the first service, which is more convenient.

I reckon Mystic Blue looks very nice in person but not so fantastic on photos.

Also got a "free" satnav as part of the 4-day weekend sale last week.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:22 pm

dannyboi wrote:Picked up my Lancer today!!!

The rear sensors were placed along the top of the bumper, so that seems correct. However, the rightmost one was protruding out a bit with the waterproofing seal not fitting in properly.

Dealer offered to fix it at my place but I organised it do be done at the first service, which is more convenient.

I reckon Mystic Blue looks very nice in person but not so fantastic on photos.

Also got a "free" satnav as part of the 4-day weekend sale last week.

Sorry dont believe you.

Rule No.1 Pictures or it did not happen :D

Glad to hear the sensors were the correct height.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”