New Member From the sticks in South Australia

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Stealthy
INACTIVE Member Account

New Member From the sticks in South Australia

Postby Stealthy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am

greetings all,
haven't got my CJ as yet but in the process of trying to find my own baby and figured were better to join and find out stuff then here , i currently scoot around in a cc lancer but plan on upgrading later this year , i have no idea what I'm going to get , I'm thinking VRX but am clueless lol,
look forward to getting mine , and looking at everyone else's

Stealthy

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:12 am

Hey stealthy.

Welcome to ClubCJ.

The guys here will help you choose a car no worries! The problem is, that you will want to mod and you don't even have it yet!!!

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:21 am

get a Red VRX, ;)
we need more colour in the club, the club has gotten beaten up and is very Black and Blue (meaning most of the cars are Black or Blue)

oh and Welcome

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the club.
There are so many models to pick from.
1 thing to think of what your budget is.
2 What size engine. Es + VR are 2.0L. VRX + Aspire are 2.4L. EVO + RA are turbo performance cars.
3 What transmission. Being from the country I would go for CVT auto as they are more fuel efficient.
If you are looking at VRX and CVT auto I would then get the Aspire because almost the same price and has extras like MMCS, leather, HID's.
Good luck and keep in touch and let us know what you decide to get and when.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:28 pm

I purchased mine from the auctions, one year old and still 4 years warranty.. with the money I saved I have basically made it into a VRX without the added engine capacity...

Welcome and whichever model you choose, you made the right choice!!

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Welcome Stealthy
yay another south aussie :lol: , everything you need to know can be found in these forums, good luck with your choice of model
Have to agree with Aspir3, go the Aspire, its like a luxury VRX

Cheers
Eric

Ash
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Ash » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Welcome to the club :)
ClubCJ's Provider of LOLZ - CCJ Lifetime Member #0026.

Functional can GTFO :lol:

Daslama
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Daslama » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:02 pm

definitely RA FTW! but im biased and it all depends on your price range

Stealthy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Stealthy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:19 am

lol , done performance cars ( bf xr6 turbo) thats why i ended up in a my lancer , parents wanted the family car back lol , my price bracket is up to about 22-25 (looking second hand) but looking at car point the spire is only another 5-7 more which is something to think about because atm im looking at a loan on 12-15 but i guess if i could save more the aspire would be very nice , the auto attracts me the most because of the paddles lol lame reason but just love the idea lol, might arrange a test drive of aspire vs vrx and see how i go , and seing all the dyi stuff defently makes me want the car even more lol
IF IN DOUBT .........FLAT OUT - Colin Mcrae

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:25 am

Stealthy wrote:lol , done performance cars ( bf xr6 turbo) thats why i ended up in a my lancer , parents wanted the family car back lol , my price bracket is up to about 22-25 (looking second hand) but looking at car point the spire is only another 5-7 more which is something to think about because atm im looking at a loan on 12-15 but i guess if i could save more the aspire would be very nice , the auto attracts me the most because of the paddles lol lame reason but just love the idea lol, might arrange a test drive of aspire vs vrx and see how i go , and seing all the dyi stuff defently makes me want the car even more lol

Second hand will give you either in your price range. but the hard part is trying to find one.
Try posting a want to buy once you know what you want.
Use the dealers and test drive all the models.
Don't feel you have to buy from them.

Stealthy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Stealthy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:48 am

yea thats what i was thinking , get a feel of their cars then find something closer to my price range , buy the time ive saved enough money 2nd hand aspires may have come down in price also , the big pluses for the aspire is the screen and nav system questions bout that is dose it display the map while you are driving or dose this go blank ? i have a dvd system in my car currently ( just a pop out ) dont use it much so the dvd bit doesn't bother me but having nav displayed would be nice , how well dose the auto handle pulling away from a intersection and at the lights and such , don't want to get a new car to find out it goes like my old cc . also dose the 2.0 go compaired to the 2.4 (other peoples opinions needed) ill find out for myself in time , another question hows the lighting from the car , living in the sticks driving at night is a regular occurence , final question for now , hows the air con / heater in the car ?

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:02 am

Welcome to club CJ

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:04 am

Stealthy wrote:yea thats what i was thinking , get a feel of their cars then find something closer to my price range , buy the time ive saved enough money 2nd hand aspires may have come down in price also , the big pluses for the aspire is the screen and nav system questions bout that is dose it display the map while you are driving or dose this go blank ? i have a dvd system in my car currently ( just a pop out ) dont use it much so the dvd bit doesn't bother me but having nav displayed would be nice , how well dose the auto handle pulling away from a intersection and at the lights and such , don't want to get a new car to find out it goes like my old cc . also dose the 2.0 go compaired to the 2.4 (other peoples opinions needed) ill find out for myself in time , another question hows the lighting from the car , living in the sticks driving at night is a regular occurence , final question for now , hows the air con / heater in the car ?

Aspire's have HID head lights as standard and are fantastic.
2.0L are quite powerful. All modern car are efi and have lots of power. 100Kw output for the 2.0L is about the same as VB commodore V8.
Sat nav is on screen when you drive but you can not adjust settings. This can be disable for several hundred dollars though.
DVD can not be watch when you are in motion. This has not been able to be turned off.
Heater aircond are great, work well and climate controlled. Set to desired temp and it controls it for you or you can set it manually as well.. But the car is new. Few years might change.
The lancers are not the fastest cars on take off, but there not bad. You can always find a faster car.
Good enough for me.
All you question and more have been asked and answered before if you search in old posts.
I don't mind helping but they all make an excellent read.
I spent my first few months as a member reading as many as the old posts as I could to learn more about my Lancer

Stealthy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Stealthy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:10 am

lol , dvds while driving are over rated , ill defently go threw the older posts just those lame questions i dout others would have asked , cant wait to get mine and make it my own

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”