Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Jazz926
INACTIVE Member Account

Looking to join the Lancer CJ club

Postby Jazz926 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:03 pm

Hey Guys.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am currently looking at getting a new MY09 or MY10 Lancer VR at the end of the year, however I am in two minds about which model to get.

I seriously have no idea if I should get the Sedan or the Sports Back, the Sedan seems more practical, but the sports back looks rather nice.

Pricing wise, I was wondering what is a good going price for the VR in automatic or whats the prices that some of you guys have achieved so far.

If I do end up getting the sedan, I am planning on getting the VRX Spoiler as well, so I am also wondering what are the average price dealer charge for those spoilers.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 pm

First of all, welcome to the club =)

My suggestion would to be to wait for the MY10 lancers, you get more features. But if your looking to get a runout model at a discounted price go with the 09's. Either way your not going to be disapointed. Not sure if you have seen the MY10 Lancer Thread but here are some of the upgrades for the MY10 lancer

VR
* Cup Holder Lid
* Chrome upper grille (like current Platinum Ed.)
* Insulator Front Windscreen
* Leather park brake with new stitch pattern
* New 16" sports alloy wheel design (similar to Ralliart Colt design

Thing to remember aswell, the VR already comes with a Boot Lip, they look pretty darn good in my opinion with the spoiler aswell, but it comes down to personal preference. Pricing i dont know too much about because i got the ES, but you should expect to pay around 24-25 grand for a VR
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Jazz926
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Jazz926 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Tadz0rz, thanks for the warm welcome.

Yeah I might hold off for the MY10 Lancers.

Is there any pictures of the MY10 Lancers at all?

24-25k for an Auto sounds great to me, as I will be trading in my V6 Toyota Vienta Camry. Should be a good uni graduation present for myself :)

Yeah, I might stick with the lips, but I just love the VRX spoilers.

Also I live in the Sydney west area, which dealer would you guys recommend?

So far I have visited the one at Parramatta, which is owned by Lincorp or something, and they are pretty average with their service.

Too bad Peter Warren, doesn't do Mitsubishi's as their customer service was exceptional when my old man bought his 07 Camry Grande there 2 years go.

Might go visit McGrath and see how I go.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 pm

*MOVED to appropriate forum section - New Members rather than Club CJ Talk*

First off welcome to our forum.

In response to you queries:
MY09 or MY10 - it has always been my opinion to buy as NEW a car as possible. The newer features are at times "un-buyable" as an aftermarket part. And if the difference is under A$1,000, there's no point trying to save.

You can read about the new features of a MY10 Lancer here.

Sedan Vs Sportback - We've had a debate on this forum on this very topic. Let's just say the sportback is an acquired taste.

We also have a thread showing a price guide here.

As chief buyer for this club, I organise many parts for our members at very good prices. For a list of OEM parts and their prices (all incl. GST but not delivery), look here. So before negotiating sweeteners for your deal, make sure you know how much you can get them for. They're NOT as expensive as you think they are.

For a list of aftermarket group buys, read this.

We also have a range of sponsors who will sell you almost anything from bodykits to magazines at reduced prices.

I hope to welcome you on board as a premium member soon!
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Marsh
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Marsh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:59 pm

welcome to ClubCJ Jazz

If you like the VRX spoiler you'd probably like the Evo X Spoiler from ClubCJ sponsor X Factor Design (talk to Shadows).

I think the price is comparable to a dealer supplied VRX spoiler.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:08 pm

welcome to the club mate !

Yeah, you should look at X Factor's spoiler, i think they're cheaper than the dealer VRX spoilers and they are really good in quality.
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Jazz926
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Jazz926 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks for the replies fellas.

You guys are fantastic.

Marsh, thanks for the heads up on the x-factor spoiler, those look mean. Price seems damn good as well, how much would it generally cost to get those fitted after market?

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:37 pm

They have a really good DIY instruction that they will e-mail it to you once you've ordered.

or you can find it on ClubCJ How-To here: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=1628.

I think you can get a local shop to fix it for less than 100 but i reckon you can do it yourself as it's really straightforward :D

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Welcome to ClubCJ!!!

As you have already seen, there is a great bunch of people here :)

If you do like the VRX spoiler, you should be able to squeeze them to throw it in, otherwise as the guys have said look at the EvoX wing. The dealer price is simply stupid for what you get (like most things!!)

Jazz926
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Jazz926 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:45 pm

zy_eye, you are spot on, the people on this forum is great.

I will try to get the dealer to squeeze in the spoiler for free, but I doubt it, I can't haggle even if my life depends on it. However I got a mate which is great at haggling, so he will be doing that for me.

lpy2009, thanks for the link, the spoiler looks easy to put on, however I will get someone which is more experience to do it, as I would hate to ruin a brand new car.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Good to have an experienced haggler!!

The wings are seriously easy to install. The underside of the bootlid has template holes for reference points. Try and find a mate who can give you a hand, It will save you heaps of money. Whoever you use to install will probably charge $100!

Jmi

Postby Jmi » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Just a note on the VRX spoiler. Do take a seat in one with it and see if it suits you. Reason I say this is, in my seating position, the spoiler blocks my rear view a fair bit. The higher Evo spoiler or the low-rise spoiler would have been a better fit for me.

Another thing would be to bundle in the boot-tray if you can.

mitch.honey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mitch.honey » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 pm

i recomend arncliff mitsubishi i think its a suttons
i got everything that u see on the outside of my car winng kit and wheels for about 24 after some talking

there are deals out there just make sure u do some shopping around

BTW welcome to the club
Red Tail-light Brigade Member #2

Jazz926
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Jazz926 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Jmi, thanks for the tip.

I haven't seen the low-rise spoiler on a Lancer yet. I have only seen them with either the VRX spoiler or the the duck lip.

Mitch.honey, thanks for the heads up on the arncliff dealer. That is one beautiful Lancer you got there mate, is yours a VR in auto?

mitch.honey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mitch.honey » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:55 pm

mine is a es and in manual but they are doing up cars all the time its worth a look down there
if not they can make u car like mine..

i have heard that the vrx wings are hard to see past i have a evo 9 wing and i can see under it also the wing from "shadows" is a evo x wing and u can see under it.. just the main problem u will find with the vrx wing is it sits right where u want to look
Red Tail-light Brigade Member #2

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”