Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Douglas Bailey
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Hi from Douglas

Postby Douglas Bailey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi team,
Just a basic introduction here and my first question while I'll post under audio if I can't find the answer and don't get a response here. :)

Real first name: Douglas
Model: Lancer 30th Anniversary Sedan Manual - Purchased Dec 23rd, 2011
Colour: Some kind of Blue that MMA obviously likes as it seems common.
General interests: Reading, Movies, Databases, Property, Videography
Current mods: None
Planned mods: New Radio, Noise Dampening
How you found out about ClubCJ: Google search.

PS: to anyone reading this far, I want to get a double-din face place so I can replace my radio. I see many links to part 330-019-001 at JapanParts dot com. Can I even post the link?: http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_deta ... RCH_page=2

I tried searching that site for my car but it's mostly EVOs that are listed. And I can't really be sure that this part will suit my car. And even at that link I have to work out if I need the 2 DIN Audio or Wide Navigation version. You'd think it would be obvious right? But without measurements?

I'm planning to get a Pioneer AVH-P8450BT which has two dimensions listed (all in mm):
DIN Chassis 178W x 100H x 157D, Nose 188W x 118H x 29D
D Chassis 178W x 100H x 165D, Nose 171W x 97H x 21D

Any help appreciated. I have another specific question about Pioneer units and their operation with Bluetooth streaming which I'll post under Audio / Sat/Nav soon.

Cheers,
Douglas

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Welcome to the club douglas. Firstly. Facia kit. Easy to source but expensive if you get on in Australia, even my buy price is $170.

The new pioneer avhp8450bt is a great unit. The app intergrations with iPhone is awesome. Rrp $1099 club members price $999

Matt
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Dirtee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Dirtee » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:59 pm

Welcome to the Club!
2010 Lancer Es - My Ride
Wanna be customiser!!
ACT Rep 2012
CJLancerInstalls - How-To's!

Douglas Bailey
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Thanks

Postby Douglas Bailey » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:15 am

Thanks guys. I think I've answered my own questions on the facia kit. My VIN has CY4A in it which gives me confidence that I'm looking at the right link. And in another forum I saw an install job where the guy chose the wide OEM Navi facia and had heaps of space to fill around it! :/

So Matt, I'm not sure which facia type you sell. I've seen good reports on this JDM one but the opinions on other aftermarket options don't seem to be consistently favorable. I'm willing to pay the $300 for a good facia. Heck, earlier this weekend I was prepared loose money trading in my new Lancer for something else because I'm so frustrated with the 2 second audio delay when streaming Bluetooth Audio. I've seen the error of my ways and I'll be getting a new radio instead. :)

I just have a little more research left to complete on the Pioneer but...
How would I access the Club Price on the Pioneer unit and how to I find if they have stock as this item is quite new? (If it was in the Pioneer online store I could get it in there for 10% off $1,099). There is the eBay option of $795 USD + $60 shipping but that only has a 30 day warranty which isn't a great idea.

Cheers.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:27 am

The facia I sell is aftermarket and designed for aftermarket double din units. It fits no worries. $170 is my buy price that then normally sells for $250. However due to the price being so much I don't put a mark up on it for club members.

How do you access the club price for the 8450 unit. Tell me you want one, I give you banking details and you put the money in there and I send you one. Stock numbers not a problem, have lots. Also receive pioneers warranty and after sales support

Matt
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”