Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ozblogger
INACTIVE Member Account

Lancer Activ wannabe from Melbourne

Postby ozblogger » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Hello everyone, I'm in the market for a small-med Auto sedan
Need some suggestions/ advice

Currently Looking at Lancer ES Activ in Melbourne east
I was impressed with the value on offer, test drove the ES and liked the CVT too
After an Auto, so dealer goes $24,450 drive-away, could probably go down, but he was confidently claiming these are selling like hot cakes ...

Now I am thinking, should I get a VR ?, if I can get it for under $25K ?
What do you people think ? VR is missing the spoiler & bluetooth , but you get Auto Headlight & Wipers & Climate Control & Fog Lights ?

And is there no interior options at all on the 2010 Lancers (ES/VR) ? it looks so bland compared to a Cruze or Mazda 3

And one last question, I'm thinking about trading-in a 2000 2dr Lancer GLI(CE) Auto .. not sure if I should sell privately or not ?
Any dealers you recommend ? went to Eastside Mit. Nunawading

Cheers

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Gday mate. Welcome to the club.

The Activ is quite a package. But, in the end, it's what you are after. Personally, having an ES, I regret not paying the extra few K to get the VR. It has so many features which the ES will never be able to get. And the resale value tends top be higher from my observations.

There aren't many interior options with the Lancer. But it is still highly customisable with aftermarket products :). It is also very interchangeable with parts :).

In terms of private sale, it's whether you have time to sell it. Lancers are all over, so it's a little more common to find excellent condition vehicles, which might make yours harder to sell. If you need the car now, do a trade in - but if you are trying to get the most for your car, private sale will always be higher.

Eastside is a power dealer. They do offer relatively good deals - I got mine from there, and I managed to get a very good deal. However, try our sponsor, Preston Motors Cambellfield - Nick and Chris will be more than willing to help you out.

Hope that helps.

-EXALTD-

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

I'd suggest you go see our club sponsor at Preston Motors Ralliart in Campbellfield. Look for Nick Dargaski and say you're from Club CJ.

If you insist on buying in the East. Go for Penfold Motors in Burwood Highway. See Nick Kayes and tell him Irving sent you.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Welcome to the club!!

The Activ has a lot of fruit for the money you pay... hard pressed to find a better value car in the other brands...

I will leave it to the VIC guys to show you where to get one :D

ozblogger
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ozblogger » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks for the info. guys
I'll definitely try the dealers you've mentioned

another ques. about CJ lancers'
the iPod connector cable, that is compatible wth iPhone 3GS right ?
and it should all work with ES Activ too ?
anybody that has tried the iPhone , has any comments about this ?

Cheers
max

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:00 pm

If it's only the spoiler and bluetooth you're concerned about, there are aftermarket options for the spoiler (not a fan of the ACTIV spoiler anyway), and the bluebooth you could see if you can get it thrown in by the dealer with the price (if not, I think it was $200 for installation)

So, as it was said, really depends on what you're after. Also, check out the pricing thread and check out the extras that people managed to get thrown in. You might be able to do the same with a ACTIV/VR depending on what sort of things you're after.

CJ Pricing Guide Thread

iPhone integration: this is only available with the MMCS system, not with the standard headunit. the standard headunit has no USB/iPhone connection. those of us who have iPhone intergation is either through MMCS or an aftermarket headunit.

It might not be iPod integration, as much as it is simply an audio cable to allow you to plug your iPod in so it'll play from through the sound system
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

ozblogger
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ozblogger » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 pm

kinesis wrote:iPhone integration: this is only available with the MMCS system, not with the standard headunit. the standard headunit has no USB/iPhone connection. those of us who have iPhone intergation is either through MMCS or an aftermarket headunit.

Interesting because, that's not what the dealer told me ...
he said there's a $100 ipod cable you can use to "control" iPhone
and that cable will be in the glove-box, I figured that can't be a normal AUX connection, since that's already there.

Could this be an iPod cable (USB), but all it does is charge & provide AUX out, but no control ??

I'd better get this clarified, NO iPhone control could be a deal-breaker for me
Holden Cruze now seems a viable option :roll:

Thanks for your help

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Definitely something worth clarifying...

If there is such controls for the iPhone, we certainly don't know about it here otherwise many of us would have jumped on it already. Something many of us are looking for ways to work around...and we've found varying solutions. Though nothing for the stock headunit.

Anyway, good luck with the car. In the end, figure out exactly what you want and don't let the dealer hassle you into any deals until you're absolutely sure. They want the sale, just as much as you want the car.
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

ozblogger
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ozblogger » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Just had a call from the dealer, and I asked him the iPod control question
... he's positive that you can control the iPod with the OEM "iPod AUX Cable" with the stock head-unit.

I'm probably going down to have a look at this working , before I make up my mind ,will be weird if he's wrong ...

JohnJohn
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby JohnJohn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:14 pm

If the dealer was talking about this accessory:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/pag ... px?id=3029

then it doesn't do what he claims.

Went for a long drive in my Lancer yesterday, went to plug in the ipod to the aux plug (near the ashtray - aux port new for MY10? not sure) and was a bit bemused to see it's a double plug RCA thing. Presumably I can buy an adaptor for this.

ozblogger
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ozblogger » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:48 pm

JohnJohn wrote:If the dealer was talking about this accessory:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/pag ... px?id=3029

I think he said it plugs into the iPod connector and not Aux, and it'll be installed in the glovebox

JohnJohn wrote:Went for a long drive in my Lancer yesterday, went to plug in the ipod to the aux plug (near the ashtray - aux port new for MY10? not sure) and was a bit bemused to see it's a double plug RCA thing. Presumably I can buy an adaptor for this.

Yeah something like this :
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=WA7017

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi, and welcome to the club. My sister owns a Lancer aspire with the touch screen thingy, and it has a cable for iphone, and you can change the songs as such from the phone, if thats what you mean?
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”