Melbourne Newbie

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi Sarah.
Here are a list of parts that may help you in your MOD journey to get your car to look like that concept sportsback

-Ralliart bonet
-Chrome moulding for front end(Quite a few guys have this on thier car. I think autobarn sells it at a reasonable price)
-Balcked out centre bumper vinyl overlay
-EVO X front fender arches
-Lower lip (Check Ofey's car)

Just to name a few :lol:

P.S. Enjoy the get togethers. It's great to see a bunch of Lancer owners with thier own personal touch to thier car. All good and well seeing them on screen but it's heaps better to see it first hand.
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

PlatinumSarah
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby PlatinumSarah » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Thank you for the tips. As I mentioned before I don't have a clue about any of this stuff so any advice I can get is wonderful!

how do you go about changing the doors and stuff like that? Do you get someone to build them from scratch? see below

Last edited by PlatinumSarah on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009 Lancer VR Platinum Sportback

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:25 pm

If you can make it tomorrow then you will do your head in with all the options you will see!!!!
The Concept sports back does look like a good path to follow though
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Doors? That would cost a lot.
And more to get the engineering approved.

There are ALMOST zero sportback specific mods. Anything other than a rear diffuser and maybe some other things would have to be custom built for lots of money, otherwise you'll have to wait and see what comes out.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Changing Doors are a little far fetched I suspect ... . Not impossible but imagine having to remould a new door. I know Seibon sells replacement CF doors for racing. They're no different from the stock door but made of CF for the lightening and they're prohibitively expensive!

Not many mods to change a door. Look at all the attachments to your car that are made of plastic Not the metal bits, most of the time those are the ones easily available i.e. front bumper bar, rear bumper bar, side skirts and spoilers.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

PlatinumSarah
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby PlatinumSarah » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:37 pm

I can't make it tomorrow unfortunately but I will definitely come to the next one.

The concept almost looks like it has a panoramic roof doesn't it? Wow that'd be nice. I wonder hmmm

hahaha you guys were saying I'd get suckered in and start going nuts. I originally was just going to change the chrome grille now I'm entertaining the idea of new doors and roof? madness
Last edited by PlatinumSarah on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Yeah something i've seen and liked are the dual exhausts and matching bumper on sportbacks. Can't remember who had them, or if its a ralliart thing as well.

Don't understand buying your car and trying to make it look like another. That'll just cost more than its worth. Better to make upgrades than changes.
Or to buy a better car with the ridiculous money it would cost to reshape yours. :D

PlatinumSarah
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby PlatinumSarah » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:57 pm

realistically it's not gonna happen- you're right, too expensive.

And I agree that if you want your car to look like another, then why not buy the other in the first place. And if the concept was available to buy then that is what I would be driving now but it's not so I'm not.

But I don't see anything wrong with adding some bits and pieces to improve the look of your car. Such as the chrome grille surround, which looks much better than the standard. And the factory alloys are nasty on the 09 platinum, so they HAVE to go. I do like the Mitsu ones on the concept but the 10 spoke ones look good too
Last edited by PlatinumSarah on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:04 am

Not sure why you would want to change the doors. Is it just the sharper look on the contour lines that you like.
With all the stuffing around making new doors a different path to go down is to take you car to a reputable panel shop and get them to sharpen the lines and respray the doors. No need for engineering but your insurance company may not warant the Mod.

I think the lines that are on there are fine.
Just get some fender arches (Commonly black plastic mouldings that go on the front guards behind the wheels)
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:09 am

Hi to you Sarah - this is a good site that you've joined.

Does anyone know what make those wheels are on that concept Lancer? Look pretty sick
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

PlatinumSarah
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby PlatinumSarah » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:14 am

lukeaday wrote:Not sure why you would want to change the doors. Is it just the sharper look on the contour lines that you like.
With all the stuffing around making new doors a different path to go down is to take you car to a reputable panel shop and get them to sharpen the lines and respray the doors. No need for engineering but your insurance company may not warant the Mod.

I think the lines that are on there are fine.
Just get some fender arches (Commonly black plastic mouldings that go on the front guards behind the wheels)

Didn't think that was an option, thought you'd have to replace the whole side. See why I need you guys?

Realistically though even that would be too expensive probably but I can dream

Dingers
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dingers » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 am

Bah, I'm so not a fan of that concept.

CJ's drip with good looks, but that ultra-futuristic look doesn't do it for me.

Also, the concept lancer looks like an Alfa Romeo.

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:31 am

Might be the way of the future mate!

10 years ago i bet you would not have thought lancers would look like they do now?
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

Dingers
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dingers » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:35 am

I guess you're right.

But then again, I prefer the look of 10 year old cars as a whole over the look of what's coming out today :P

PlatinumSarah
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby PlatinumSarah » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:46 am

Dingers wrote:Bah, I'm so not a fan of that concept.

CJ's drip with good looks, but that ultra-futuristic look doesn't do it for me.

Also, the concept lancer looks like an Alfa Romeo.

never considered that but the Brera was my favourite euro car for awhile and I seriously considered buying one til everyone told me they keep breaking down. It's the back I love - it's just beautiful

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”